FOX Sports Radio Posts Audience Gains Across Multiple Platforms in Spring Ratings Period
LOS ANGELES, August 12, 2019 – FOX Sports Radio (FSR), a division of Premiere Networks, today reported audience growth across several platforms including broadcast radio, streaming and podcasting.
On the heels of major affiliate adds in Boston (WBZ-FM) and Washington, D.C. (WTEM-AM), several of FSR’s new and established weekday programs experienced significant audience growth in the 2019 Spring Ratings Period (March 28 – June 19) among the key demos of Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54.
• Over the last year, Outkick the Coverage with Clay Travis (6 - 9 a.m. ET) experienced an audience increase of 51% with Adults 25-54 and 46% with Men 25-54 in PPM measured metros. (Source: Nielsen Audio, PPM, Exact Times, AQH, Spring 2018 vs. Spring 2019)
• Since its first month on air in October 2018, The Odd Couple with Chris Broussard & Rob Parker (7 - 10 p.m. ET) saw its audience rise by 15% in June 2019 with both Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54 in PPM measured metros. (Source: Nielsen Audio, PPM, Exact Times, AQH, October 2018 vs. June 2019)
• Since launching in October 2018, Straight Outta Vegas with RJ Bell (6 - 7 p.m. ET) nearly tripled its audience in June 2019 with Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54 in PPM measured metros. (Source: Nielsen Audio, PPM, Exact Times, AQH, October 2018 vs. June 2019)
• Year over year on flagship station AM 570 KLAC in Los Angeles, The Herd with Colin Cowherd’s (12 - 3 p.m. ET) audience grew by 41% with Adults 25-54 and 46% with Men 25-54. (Source: Nielsen Audio, PPM, Exact Times, AQH, June 2018 vs June 2019)
• Year over year on AM 570 KLAC in Los Angeles, The Dan Patrick Show’s (9 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET) audience grew 58% with Adults 25-54 and 71% with Men 25-54. (Source: Nielsen Audio, PPM, Exact Times, AQH, June 2018 vs June 2019)
On the digital front, FOX Sports Radio’s podcasts surpassed the 10 million milestone for total monthly podcast listens in the month of July – a 15% increase from the previous month (Source: Megaphone July 2019). Additionally, FSR’s streaming audience grew 8% year-to-year in June, with monthly cume growing 11% from May to June. Plus, monthly page views for www.FOXSportsRadio.com reached an all-time record in June, while July delivered the 3rd best month in FSR history with 80% year-to-year growth.
About FOX Sports Radio
The FOX Sports Radio Network, based in Los Angeles, Calif., is a division of Premiere Networks in partnership with FOX Sports. All entities have combined their considerable resources to develop a turnkey, personality driven sports programming network for radio stations nationwide. The FOX Sports Radio Network more than 15 million monthly listeners on more than 400 radio stations, and can also be heard on iHeartRadio and FOXSportsRadio.com. Fans can also follow the network on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
# # #